Replace a Honda Civic Fuel Pump
This article will show you how to Replace a Honda Civic Fuel Pump. The Honda Civic’s fuel pump is contained inside a module that features the fuel gauge sending unit. If the fuel pump wants replacing, you must exchange the entire module. This module is stored close to the bottom of the car near the rear finish, but you do not want to remove the fuel tank to access it like with many different models.
Honda Civic Fuel Pump Removal Instructions
1. Relieve the stress within the fuel system by eradicating the PGM-FI relay Number 2. That you must remove the glove field to reach it, and it’s the PGM-FI relay with the yellow/black, yellow/green, yellow/inexperienced and inexperienced/yellow wires. Start the engine and it ought to cease working instantly, then open the fuel cap on the facet of the car.
2. Disconnect the battery’s black negative cable. Please notice that this causes the Powertrain Control Module to lose vital info from its memory.
3. Remove the rear seat cushion from contained in the car. Its retaining bolt is in between the cushion and the back assist, requiring a wrench with an prolonged socket.
4. Open the entry cowl to the fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit by removing the screws at the cover’s 4 corners; these screws ought to require a Phillips screwdriver.
5. Unplug the electrical connector to the pump/sending unit by miserable the release tab and pulling the connector straight up. Disconnect the fuel provide line by urgent the 2 tabs on the fast-connect fitting. Loosen and take away the locknut for the unit using a particular tool obtainable at most auto elements stores.
6. Carry the fuel pump/fuel sending unit module out of the hole, tilting the unit so you won’t harm the float arm or the float. Take away the rubber seal from the top of the unit and inspect it; change it if it is cracked, deteriorated or in any other case damaged.
Honda Civic Fuel Pump Installation Instructions
7. Install the rubber seal into the mounting gap by itself. Do not insert it with the new module, or it’d get pinched or distorted.
8. Insert the alternative fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit module into the hole, aligning the index mark on the highest of the module between the two marks on the edge of the hole.
9. Re-connect the fuel provide line and electrical connector. Use a brand new O-ring within the quick-connect becoming for the provision line.
10. Shut the the entry cover to the module with its screws and set up the rear seat cushion.
11. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
12. Carry out the idle learning process for the Powertrain Management Module. With all electrical parts turned off, begin the engine, deliver it to 3000 RPM and let it run with the automobile in Park or Neutral for five minutes. If the radiator fan comes on at any time, stop the five minute count and continue it once the fan goes off.