Replace Honda CR-V Mirrors
This article will show you how to Replace Honda CR-V Mirrors. The side mirrors installed on late model Hondas including the CR-V, Prelude, Civic and Accord all use mirror housings that bolt utterly through the door and fasten to the within door panel of the vehicle. Honda hides the nuts and the wiring harness for the mirror’s motor behind a triangular access inside the door, which is located just reverse the situation where the mirror connects to the skin of the door.
Honda CR-V Mirrors Replacement Procedures
1. Take away the access panel out of your Honda by pulling out on the panel. The panel has small tabs that press into the internal doorframe. You’ll not damage the panel as you remove it.
2. Disconnect the wiring harness that connects the mirror’s motor to the electrical system of your Honda. The harness includes two connectors pushed together. Locate the small lock within the heart of the two connectors. Carry up on the lock and pull the connector apart.
3. Hold the mirror with one hand whilst you take away the three nuts that secure the mirror to the door with a deep-well socket and ratchet. Be careful to not drop the nuts contained in the door panel. In the event you do, you need to remove the panel to retrieve the nuts.
4. Pull the mirror and the studs connected to the mating floor of the mirror out of the door. Slide the studs of the new mirror by way of the door.
5. Secure the mirror to the door by threading the nuts onto the posts with your fingers. Once threaded, tighten the nuts together with your deep-effectively socket and ratchet.
6. Push the two plastic connectors of the wiring harness together. They automatically lock.
7. Place the triangular cowl back onto the door and push on it to power the tabs on the back to fit into the holes within the inside door panel.