Replace the Honda CR-V Wheel Stud
This article is about how to Replace the Honda CR-V Wheel Stud. As soon as you notice that one in every of your wheel nuts is loose or stripped, or that you simply broke the wheel stud, make plans to interchange it. When you replace the wheel stud in your Honda CR-V, you do need a little mechanical ability. You also need a great memory or wheel schematic and some brute strength. The job of alternative isn’t too difficult but it surely takes over an hour.
Replace the Honda CR-V wheel stud Instructions
1. Buy the appropriate wheel stud. In the event you aren’t sure what the proper one is, wait till you remove the stud and take it to the auto parts store with you
2. Check the passenger side cargo space for the jack and tools. They’re behind a cover that you must take away by turning the handle counterclockwise and pulling. You will need to also get blocks for the tires once you prepare to replace the stud within the Honda CR-V
3. Jack up the SUV. Take off the wheel. Within the front, you might want to remove the rotor and calipers. Do the identical for the rear if you have disc brakes there. In case you have drum brakes in the rear, take off the drum and remove the hub. Put the hub in a vise and skip to Step 5.
4. Search for a cut out opening behind the hub. Line the stud up to this opening. This gives you room to remove and insert a brand new stud
5. Hit the head of the stud with a mallet to drive it back by the hub and out. Insert a new stud into the identical hole in the hub because the wheel stud you removed.
6. Put two wheel nuts on the stud and tighten them. The action draws the stud through the opening. Verify in the back. When the head is flush to the hub, you have seated the stud.
7. Begin the process of reassembly. Begin with the last items that you just took off to interchange the wheel stud on your Honda CR-V and proceed until they’re all on and you have tightened down the wheel nuts.